Friday, July 3, 2015

You Can Lead a Horse to Water....

I've been thinking lately that as much as I have learned with my Twitter PLN, why I can't seem to get my teachers to get on board with trying it too!  Many have told me that they still see it in the old paradigm of 140 characters of communication done by kids and others, and not the powerful learning network that it is for all educators.

So, that's the struggle I have as I continue to lead my staff in the 21st century, leading the horse to water.  Alas I can't make them drink it though!  I hope through continued modeling and talking about all that I am learning via my Twitter PLN, that they come to at least try it.

There is a great book out written by Todd Whitaker, Jeff Zoul and Jimmy Casas called "What Connected Educators Do Differently" that does a phenomenal job of laying out getting connected via Twitter etc.  Therein, I think, lies my hope and answers for leading the horses to "water" AND make them drink it.

In His Service,

Axel Gruen

No comments:

Post a Comment